We announced great news that hints at our broad-based support and momentum. Namely, our initial funding and the strategic addition of industry experts and advisers to our team. Read on for more details.
We announced $2.5 million raised in 2017 from early investors and supporters including Aslanoba Capital, Bogazici Ventures, and Next Ventures. The initial funding will support our general business operations as well as the development of key products including our Colendi app.
In addition to ongoing foundational support from industry leading infrastructure technology organizations ConsenSys and Token Foundry, our team continues its strong growth trajectory with the addition of a number of strategic partners who bring additional expertise in fintech, blockchain and mobile technology and product development. They include:
- Nico Jose “Nix” Nolledo – chairman and former CEO of Xurpas Inc., one of the Philippines’ largest technology firms. As founder and CEO of ODX, Xurpas’ Singapore-based wholly owned subsidiary that has businesses involving blockchain, he brings his goal of providing free access to the internet to mobile consumers in emerging markets.
- Baris Ozistek – CEO of Netmarble EMEA, a top 10 global PC and Mobile game developer and publisher. Ozistek has a demonstrated history of leading successful brands in the fintech, online gaming and venture building sectors.
- Oguz Serdar – co-founder and CEO at Limk, a content distribution and discovery platform that helps websites grow traffic and engage audiences, has a background in product development, user experience and business development.
- Sinan Koç – Currently in a leadership role with Token Foundry and ConsenSys, Koç is a widely-respected expert and entrepreneur in the finance and fintech arena. Earlier, he was co-founder of peer-to-peer money transfer company Geld and co-founder at location-based messaging startup Radius. He holds a degree from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, as well as Turkey’s prestigious Koç School.
The already-impressive roster of current advisers includes:
- Vamshi Ambati, founder and CEO of Predera
- Deniz Devrim Cengiz, Group Director of Digital Banking at TEB
- Ram Chari, Global Head and President of FSS
- Ogeday Karahan, Executive Director – Business Development at EY
- Can Kisagun, co-founder Enigma
- Arda Kutsal, founder and CEO of Webrazzi
- Emre Tekisalp, Business Development at Coinbase
Colendi co-founder and CEO Bulent Tekmen commented on the strong support and growing momentum saying, “These investments will enable us to pursue our vision of redefining the credit scoring market and enable us to help the approximately 3 billion unbanked and underbanked worldwide to enter the financial ecosystem. Our advisers will work alongside us as strategic partners. As we continue to expand our activities and area of influence, each partner will play a crucial role in our growth. We consider it a great privilege to have such amazing leaders join as they will be key assets to our growing team.”