After a busy summer, we enjoy even a busier fall with many announcements about the Colendi Products, new additions to the Colendi team, and events in all over the world. In shortly, we will share all the details with you but we want to remind you of our major news that was echoed greatly by the media. The decentralized alpha is imminent and Colendi Card news only paved the way to its more adopted usage.
This week marks one of the milestones of the Colendi Project, as we are finally announcing the Colendi Card, which will open the doors to the incorporation of most common payment method to the Colendi application. Decades of consumer payment habits is now available in the Colendi platform where the users can acquire their physical Colendi Card and connect it to their Colendi ID and Colendi Score.
Colendi Card is considered to be a crucial element for Colendi adaptation in the communities where the old payment habits are relatively harder to transform. Considering people’s need to microfinancing and a comprehensive ecosystem, Colendi stands out with its abundant sources of finding the financing necessary and bring the platform personas together.
“As an active part of the Colendi ecosystem, we couldn’t be more thrilled about the Colendi Card and the additional opportunities it provides for us,” said Mehmet Ozcelik, co-founder of restaurant point of sale software leader SambaPOS. “This will benefit us as it will offers better reach to our merchants as well as growing our overall merchant base with the easy-to-use Colendi Card and app.”
Financial inclusion of the next billion people is not an easy task, on the contrary it requires substantial work, exquisite analysis and a comprehensive approach that will touch the lives of many people from various cultures and backgrounds. Colendi Card fits perfectly to the business strategy to be one of the strong hands to introduce Colendi globally.
Colendi released the alpha product to the volunteering members of its community. We had already announced how you can get early access and what features it will include. Last week, we have made the announcement that we selected volunteers among our community who have shown their interest to try the alpha product. Those people already received their mails to access the Colendi Alpha Product and shared their opinions with us. Here is the recap of their sentiments and statistics if you want to find out.
We are still gathering new volunteers to try out the Colendi Alpha Product. If you are interested you may still click the link below to register.
Three integral elements of Colendi Product — Colendi ID, Colendi Score and Colendi Wallet — are introduced in the alpha product.
Colendi ID: Colendi ID is the self-sovereign digital identity that Colendi provides its users in order to include their relevant information in a private and protected model.
Colendi Score: Colendi Score is a digital score that is uniquely calculated by our protocol for each user. The protocol is trained to calculate a Colendi Score with social media data, smartphone data, transactional data, phone data and over 1,000 pieces of personal information. The algorithm then stores this score on the smart contracts of the Ethereum blockchain, meaning it becomes a decentralized Colendi Score.
Colendi Wallet: This is where users can manage their Colendi Tokens (CODs). With a Colendi Wallet, users can send and receive COD as well as oversee their transactions. On top of the existing features, users will soon be able to list the integrated merchants within the Colendi network and apply for microcredits.
Interested in learning more about Colendi’s alpha project?
Volunteering for the alpha product and helping us with Q&A testing is still an option. If you are interested, click the link below and leave your contact information. We have already sent more than 10000 members of our volunteers their access. Get in line to be one of the firsts to use the Colendi application and we will reach out and include you in our development process.
– Colendi CEO and co-founder Bulent Tekmen was the latest guest of blockchainshow. If you want to know how Colendi works, what use cases we have and how will we disrupt the traditional credit scoring scene globally, check out the show:
– Colendi proudly presented Sinan Koc, as new Colendi Adviser. Sinan has been actively involved with the Colendi project since the early days, and his skills and vision contributed a lot to the many paths taken even before this partnership. He is currently leading multiple tasks in ConsenSys and Token Foundry and viewed as one of the youngest and most talented actors in the blockchain space and Ethereum ecosystem. Please read on if you want to know more about the newest addition to our Advisory Board:
Sinan Koç is a widely respected expert and entrepreneur in the finance and fintech arena. He is currently in a leadership role with ConsenSys and Token Foundry, our two technical partners that are set to enlarge token-powered networks of future. Earlier, he was co-founder of peer-to-peer money transfer company Geld and co-founder at location-based messaging startup Radius. He holds a degree from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, as well as Turkey’s prestigious Koç School.
– Bulent Tekmen was interviewed by the Hola Cripto team who dropped by our offices to talk about Colendi. Watch now to see what Bulent told them about the Colendi Project and our vision.
– On the 17th of September, Colendi CEO Bulent Tekmen attended “The Future of: Money” event in New York, organized by The Wall Street Journal.
-On the 18th and 19th of September, Colendi team met with Istanbul blockchain community in Kadir Has University campus at “Blockchainfest ’18 Istanbul“. We were quite satisfied with the attention we received and we are looking forward to future events for more engagement with the community.
– Colendi team is continuing to expand to onboard some of the finest engineers in the technology and development sector. For a second consecutive week, some of the newest additions are made to the product team to pace up the R&D processes:
We are getting stronger by day with the newest additions. Contact us if you think you can also join Colendi team!